The PolyPrev “Respect 101” conferences aim to raise awareness among students on topics such as respect, living together and human interactions.
On some Wednesdays at 6.30 pm this semester, we will meet on the above link to discuss and try to answer multiple questions such as : why these subjects are discussed so much these days ? what’s “being a real men” ? what’s “real feminism” ? Can we still laugh about anything? And so on…
- “We have the same rights, so what’s the problem?“, animated by Eric Fassin,on May 26 2021 at 6.30 pm.
- “I am not racist/sexist, but…”, animated by Rokhaya Diallo, April 21st 2021 at 6.30 pm.
- “But you didn’t say no”, animated by Persephone Deacon and Erin Emirali and moderated by Hillary Sanctuary, on May 12 2021 at 6.30 pm.
- “Phobias and sexualities”, animated by Caroline Dayer, Carmela Troncoso and Dan Ram.
- Upcoming title, animated by Antoine Reymond Fassin.
What’s the point exactly?
It is important for each and everyone of us to grow some interests for these problematics, in order to be aware of the amazing diversity that our campus offers, and, more globally, to get a better undestanding and grasp of other people’s feelings. We are really committed to making sure our campus, which holds more than 140 nationalities, becomes a united and respectful community where any identity is welcomed and undestood. After all, a safe space is easier to learn in.
Of course, we’re not alone for this project: each conference will be held with one or multiple speaker(s), which will share with us their experience, anecdotes and knowledge, accompanied by us, students, with live written or oral questions.
Working towards a safer and more respectful campus is a group effort and we all need to get involved if we want to reach this objective. The safety and psychological growth of students should be the main priority of the School. We encourage you to come to these conferences, no matter what your beliefs are, to give your opinion and ask relevant questions to our speakers.
You’re not available on Wednesday nights? No worries! We’ll be recording the lectures and making them available either as podcasts and as videos, in a shorter format.
See you soon for the first conferences!